Google
 
Web speakinggenerally.blogspot.com

Friday, May 19, 2006

Hair Raising Experience

Just thought that I would post a rather hair raising experience I had a couple of days ago when I went to a barber shop. I sat in the sacrifical throne, shut my eyes and leaned back to relax. While musing about a lot of things, my attention was drawn to a strange sensation at my right elbow, and then after some time at my left elbow and then again at my right elbow.

I am sure some readers will jump to conclusions and start wondering whether I wield as heavy a cricket bat as a certain batting genius (Non-Indian readers of this blog, I am referring to "Sachin Tendulkar" who is the GOD of cricket, a game which resembles baseball). Let me reassure them that I was not in danger of developing Tennis Elbow while having a haircut. The truth was - wierder.

I opened my eyes and gathered myself and realized that something angular and hard was pressing my elbow. After much thinking and pondering and analysis of my situation I realized that the barber had a Hard-On.

While he was busily snipping away my locks, he was flitting from one side to another and pressing himself rather hard against me. The resultant effect was disconcertening to me to say the least.

(General Speaker allows readers a two minute break to finish ROTFLOL'ing)

There I was in a rather piquant situation with half my hair cut and a rather hard and prominent part of another male's anatomy digging into parts of my body. I was not in a position to walk away. Also what was I supposed to say to a male barber who gets turned on by cutting other people's hair ( and that too hair on the head!). All I could do was try to edge away from the offending extremity without giving the impression that I was trying to bring him off! He had no problems cutting my hair because as you can guess, they were all standing on end.

Suffice to say, I was rather glad when he finished his job (cutting my hair that is, nothing else I assure you), I paid up and practically ran out of the shop!

Now, while I am not homophobic, this was a bit too much to digest, as I am definitely heterosexual.

What I am curious about is whether any other reader has had such an experience? Male/Female/Same-Sex? How does one handle such a situation?

8 Comments:

Blogger Srin said...

Yes, once. It was'nt remotely funny. 'The Complete Sandman' is a graphic novel series.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Generally_Speaking said...

Srin: Thanks for your comment. I didn't mean opposite sex experiences, I meant same sex experiences, especially since I am sure that my barber was not sexually attracted towards me (I hope).

4:42 AM  
Blogger Cyberswami said...

an experience, not same-sex, but traumatic nonetheless.

http://batbogiehex.blogspot.com/2006/05/bosom-pals-or-breast-friends.html

8:58 PM  
Blogger Why Am I said...

god tht mustve been something!!...no neva when having a hair cut...i dont rber where but i read a blog on how this person went to get his photo done and experienced some "raising" experiences with some aunty types...hehe..well but yea i have experienced this in buses..me just stamped him on his foot and elbowed him till I was not within his range!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Swapna said...

Sounds funny but am sure must have been really weird at the time. :-)

I don't think thank god I've had anything of the sort ...

4:38 AM  
Blogger Generally_Speaking said...

Cyberswami: Traumatic Experience all right!

Why Am I: Yep, you bet it was something! And your solution is a very apt one.

swapna: Yes it was rather wierd at that time.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I went to a party on Saturday where everyone was very friendly, except one guy who didn't speak all night, but kept walking past behind me and touching my elbows each time - completely unnecessarily, as there was buckets of room - were were in the garden! It was really rather creepy...

3:59 PM  
Blogger Generally_Speaking said...

Kate: Thanks for your comment. And your experience does sound downright creepy!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home